In This Issue…
- Feature: Myriad Myths about Giftedness
- Schoolhouse Options: Advanced Placement
- Connections: Administrators of Gifted Programs: Paying Attention to the "Man Behind the Curtain"
- Special Focus: Proficiency and Gifted Students
- Expert's Forum: Looking for Appropriate Services for Gifted English Language Learners
Hot Topics From Previous Issues
The Many Faces of Acceleration: Creating an Optimal Match for the Advanced Learner
America's school system keeps bright students in line by forcing them to learn in a lock-step manner with their classmates. Teachers and principals disregard students’ desires to learn more—much more—than they are being taught. Instead of praise and encouragement, these...
Myriad Myths about Giftedness
Upon hearing the word "myth," one may think of Zeus on Mount Olympus or King Arthur at Camelot. However, not all myths come from history; modern myths exist as well. Some of the most prevalent modern myths in education...
We Want to Hear from You
Have ideas you would like to see covered in future issues of DGL? Want to give feedback on the current issue? Take a quick two minute survey to help us provide the information you need to raise your gifted child at: www.tip.duke.edu/dglsurvey.